I’ve had some problems with Chase since they took over for WaMu. WaMu was pretty bad, too, but Chase has an ad campaign that keeps touting how great banking has FINALLY made it to Seattle, so this kind of thing sticks in my craw a bit.
On my latest sojourn into the world of Chase customer service, I decided to keep meticulous notes on Twitter about my experience. Here we go:
1. Called Chase Customer Service, explained I need to fax my bankruptcy discharge for my home loan. about 3 hours ago from web
2. Transferred by CS to “Bankruptcy Department.” After some confusion, was informed I had reached Auto Loans. about 3 hours ago from web
3. Transferred to Mortgage Department, who then transferred me to “Bankruptcy Department.” about 3 hours ago from web
4. Received the following automated message: “Due to circumstances BEYOND OUR CONTROL we are unable to answer your call at this time.” (my caps…they didn’t shout that) about 3 hours ago from web
5. Was disconnected. about 3 hours ago from web [NOTE: I then called back. A rep was *going* to transfer me to phone # from step 4. I told her to try calling it herself first and she was surprised to see it was disconnected.]
6. Helpful rep is forwarding my call to someone in Tampa.about 3 hours ago from web
7. After 10 rings, someone in Tampa answered. Gave me a new number to call.about 2 hours ago from web
8. On hold, listening to canned music, assurances that I’m important, and statements about how Chase is super. Again, all I want is a fax #. about 2 hours ago from web
9. Call 866-289-2717 just to hear how one recorded voice says “Thank you for your patience.” It’s said it 10x now and it DOESN’T GET OLD.about 2 hours ago from web
10. On hold for 10 minutes now. Can feel soul draining through my feet. “At Chase, the right relationship is EVERYTHING.” I feel the love.about 2 hours ago from web
11.The “Thank you for your patience,” lady-voice keeps interrupting the “Right relationship” voice. This is my soundtrack for writing docs.about 2 hours ago from web
12. 15+ minutes. Only online listing I can find for Chase bankruptcy fax numbers are on blogs of people worried about losing their homes.about 2 hours ago from web
13. Finally found an obscure PDF from Chase with fax #: http://bit.ly/syfn6 about 2 hours ago from web
14. On hold for over 22 minutes. Now staying on the line more out of principal and/or quiet rage than for any wish for information. about 2 hours ago from web
15. Over a half hour now. Neck cramping up. Would put it on speaker but don’t want to subject my co-workers to any of these noises. about 2 hours ago from web
16. Okay, it just FEELS like it’s been over a half hour. It’s actually been twenty-nine and a half minutes. about 2 hours ago from web
17. 40 minutes! You know, if they make it to 2pm my time, it’ll be quittin’ time at their office and no one will have to take my call! about 2 hours ago from web
18. Okay, I’m going to go use the bathroom. Bet I’ll be on hold still when I get back. My only wish is that I could take them with me.about 2 hours ago from web
19. Just answered another phone call, still on hold. Will lengthen the increments of my updates, as I suspect this will go on for a while. about 1 hour ago from web
20. Amazing! An hour and eight minutes. I wonder if Chase is even going to bother disconnecting me if they *do* go home for the day. about 1 hour ago from web
21. One hour, thirty-eight minutes. Hey @ihatechase how’s it going? You missed my other twenty posts. #ihatechase 42 minutes ago from web
22. Two hours! Called courthouse and got fax # of lawyer who filed papers for Chase. Now simply waiting to see how long I’ll be on hold. 18 minutes ago from web
23. At 2 hours and four minutes, an eerie silence has over taken the line. I hear a slight amount of static, but no music, no voices. 17 minutes ago from web
24. On a whim, I called back the number I called earlier, with silence on the other line. Got a message that the office is open 8am-5pm CT. 7 minutes ago from web [NOTE: This corresponds to the silence I heard. I wasn’t disconnected, but someone must have shut off the hold music.]
25. Hung up, wishing Chase had a single face and I had a diamond encrusted mallet. 5 minutes ago from web
Please note that this does NOT mean to imply that I want to commit violence on Chase employees, their management, their shareholders, or their board of directors. I am speaking of Chase as a spiritual entity.
The fact that I spent a half hour getting bounced around, was kept on hold for over two hours and then LEFT on hold when the employees left is beyond horrible customer service.
I’m thankful that I have people that help me out and love me. I can’t imagine what it would be like dealing with this kind of thing alone.